February 16, 2014

In the Beginning God Created Heaven

His Spirit Moved Across the Sombre Waters

In the Beginning God Created Heaven is written by the Benedictine Nuns of Stanbrook Abbey. In the Divine Office (1974), In the Beginning God Created Heaven is used as an alternative hymn for Sunday (Week 1) Evening Prayer II. It is written using the rarely used hymn metre of 11.6.11.6.. The Divine Office does not recommend a specific tune for this hymn; likewise, I have not been able to locate any alternative musical setting that I can suggest.

1 comment:

  1. I felt as when I was young, listening to the word of God, and then the Sacred music, which put your mind up to the Lord.
    Thank you
    God bless

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome, but they won't be published immediately. I moderate them first, just to weed out spam etc.

- Thanks